Tuesday, July 23, 2013

That one time when I was 7 months pregnant and tiled a floor myself

Okay, so I did it mostly myself. Tyler helped with three things. First, he cut a board and screwed it down so that we would have the proper sub-flooring for our tile. He then tucked our newly installed carpet down around the board that he just screwed in. The third thing that he helped with came a little later. Since the area we were tiling wasn't a square we had to cut some tiles. I probably could have done that myself but I didn't really want to so I asked Tyler to do it for me. 

Here's Tyler finishing up screwing in the board and tucking the carpet.  


All finished and ready for the next step. 

After Tyler finished with the board, I prepped the area for work and primed the board with a primer so that the tiles would sick better (per the instructions on the box ;)  )

I then laid the tiles using spacers, the tiles on the left are the ones that Tyler cut for me. 

Close up of a spacer between the tiles

 After I was done with laying the tiles I grouted the floor using a float (which you can see in the pic in the bottom right corner). And voila! I'm done!! 

1 comment: