Baby Girl and I had a Dr appointment yesterday. My doctor says that she's looking really good, everything is developing the way that it should and that her heartbeat is perfect. She also said that Baby Girl is head down already, which is good but Baby is small enough that she could still flip around and be in a breach position until I am about 35 weeks along. I think she has been head down for about a month now because I can feel her little feet up in my ribs and that seems to be her favorite place to be so I kinda feel like she'll stay that way. I'm doing pretty well with everything, I'm still feeling nauseous a lot of the time. I have been drinking protein shakes three times a day (for those of you who like math, that's 75 grams of protein a day), which helps, but doesn't completely get rid of the nausea. It's manageable though, most of the time. I just have to leave extra time in my day to go and lay down if I start to feel really sick. Nothing really keeps it completely away, but drinking water and protein, making sure that I'm eating enough and getting enough rest, and drinking a caffeine free coke if I feel really sick all help to make it more bearable. I've come to terms with the fact that I am probably going to have morning sickness until she is born and that's just the way that it is going to be. I've accepted that and as long as I can manage it and keep most of the nutrients down that she needs to grow then that is totally alright with me. I can deal with morning sickness, its just part of being pregnant but the main thing that I worry about is making sure my little girl is getting everything that she needs in order to be healthy and have the best start in this world that she possibly can. My prenantal vitamins still make me throw up every time I take them so I have just been focusing on eating things with lots of good vitamins in them so that she gets everything that she needs. No point in taking vitamins just to throw them up. That's some expensive throw up right there ;)
Other than that I have been having a few contractions, nothing too painful, mostly just uncomfortable. My dr says this is pretty common especially in the summer months and with as hot as it has been in Boise for the past couple weeks. I only have a 3-5 of those a day and they only last for about 30 seconds. Yesterday marks 27 weeks exactly for me and Baby Girl. At the Doctors office yesterday they weighed me and I weigh 130 lb which puts me at having gained 18 lb so far, which I feel like is pretty good for me. I haven't been trying not to gain weight, I pretty well eat whatever I want when I want and most of the time I am too tired to to do any exercise (even though I know that I should be exercising anyway).
I feel lots of kicks and movements from Baby Girl, I don't know if its just because she's my first baby or if what I'm thinking is really the truth, but I feel like she's really strong already. She kicks and moves so forcefully sometimes that its hard to believe that she's really as little as she is. I'm happy to have her kick and I love feeling her movements and knowing that she's growing and is healthy and strong while she's in there :)
Tyler likes feeling her move too, he's really cute with her already and talks to her and interprets her little kicks as responses to his questions ;) I can't wait to see him with her when she gets here, he's so sweet and loves her already and it will be a beautiful thing to see him grow into the father of our children. I think that she really likes hearing him talk, she always moves around more than normal when she can hear him. I wonder if she already can recognize that he is her Daddy. I don't know if this will be the case or not but I already feel like she's going to be a little Daddy's Girl. She also reacts a lot to classical music, which I think is wonderful. Whenever I put on my favorite symphonies or teach a lesson or play my instruments she moves more than usual as well. I hope it's because she likes the music because with me as her mom, she is going to be hearing lots of it throughout her life =)
We have most of the big things that we need for her. We found a stroller. Decided on a Jeep all terrain jogging type stroller that we found for a really good price on Craigslist. We have a car seat on the way and a friend is going to be giving us a crib. I have also decided on the paint color for her room, all I need to do is purchase the paint and do the actual painting. And because of the gifts that we received over Memorial Day, she has most of the clothing items and blankets that she will need for at least the first few months, and I know that my mother in law has more clothes picked out for her, so we are set for quite a while :) I've been so grateful for the love and support that all my friends and family have shown to us throughout this pregnancy so far. We have surely been blessed. We are so happy to be having a little girl and are so excited to meet her and have her as a part of our little family forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment