Friday, July 12, 2013

I have been trying to post ALL WEEK! But our fancy schmancy sattelite internet (which is the only thing we have found that we can get out where we are at) is basically slower than dial up. That's right. I have some awesome pictures that I have been trying to upload but after waiting over 1.5 hours last night for ONE picture to upload (it didn't, just in case you're wondering) I decided to give up on the pictures for now and post them later when I'm somewhere with a faster connection or we have different internet that you can actually do something with. A lot of times it takes over a minute to do a google search. Not even kidding. Slower than molasses.
We absolutely love our new house! We are kinda out in the country, but not really. We are only like 10 min away from the interstate and a major shopping center and only 15-20 min away from several other large shopping centers, so relatively close to everything that we need to be. It has definitely taught me to plan my trips out a little more to consolidate everything so that I am not making a million trips everywhere and wasting gas all the time. Our projects are coming along with our house. Tyler has been working on remodeling the staircase that goes to our downstairs which means that we don't really have access to the basement right now. The downside with that is that our laundry room is down there and our washer and dryer are in the garage until we can finish the stairs enough to get them down there. This also means that I have to go to a laundromat to do our laundry :( I'm not a fan of that but I know that Ty is doing his best to get the stairs done and to do it all the right way (the whole reason they need redone is that they weren't done the right way to begin with). I'll just have to put up with it for a couple more weeks (hopefully) until he has everything finished. We have a couple other projects that we are working on as well. Last night I tiled and grouted our entryway. That was a really cool experience for me to learn how to do that and do it well. We also have to put some trim around the windows, long story but basically we are re-trimming the windows because no blinds would fit in them with the way that the trim was before, and we like privacy and therefore blinds so we are redoing the trim. After that we will have all the major stuff done. I have little things to do, like paint three doors, clean some stuff downstairs, paint Baby Girl's room and things like that but it's all coming along :) all those are things that I can do while Tyler is working on the stairs and the window trim.
All in all, we absolutely love it and couldn't be happier with the way that things have turned out for us! We have so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment