Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Houston, We Have Internet!!

We finally have internet that works!! Yay!!! I was starting to get really tired of internet that took a year to load a page. But, Tyler found us a better solution and its working much better!!

Here are some of the pictures that I have been wanting to share but haven't been able to until now because of the internet situation.


Here is the beginning of our garden that we planted the first week of June, everything is much bigger now. 

A "before" picture of our kitchen. We didn't do much other than paint, and take off that awful wallpaper! (Did you notice that the previous owner painted around the fridge?? She did that in a lot of places in the house. Like everywhere. She painted around the curtains in the living room and the shelves in the baby's room. Needless to say, this all has either been repainted by us or will soon be repainted.) I will post an "after" once we have everything unpacked and in it's proper place, aka as soon as Tyler finishes the construction of the stairs, more on the stairs later.
 A "before" picture of the living room. I didn't get a very good shot to demonstrate why we were going to repaint, but you can kinda see on the wall on the left at the bottom where there's a random white spot where she painted around the cords for the sliding blinds. We repainted and replaced the carpet. If ugly was a color then that is the color of this carpet. Not to mention it was old. Probably hadn't been replaced in 10  or 15 years, and she had a dog in there that messed everywhere (we found this out once we ripped the carpet out). I'm super glad that we replaced the carpet even though it cost us quite a bit, I feel a lot better about our baby eventually crawling around on the carpet now.
 After we tore out the carpet we found that the stairs had been poorly built and it didn't make sense to know that there was a problem there and just put carpet over it so Tyler decided that he's going to rebuild our staircase. This wouldn't be a huge deal except our laundry facility is downstairs which means that since he ripped out the stairs and the washer and dryer are in our garage that I am doing all our laundry at a laundry mat. Which wouldn't be a big deal if I wasn't 28 weeks and 4 days pregnant and growing ever larger by the day. Needless to say, I really hope this project gets done sooner rather than later. I know that Tyler is more than capable of doing all the work necessary, it's just an issue of time. Tyler works 50+ hours a week and has to sleep and eat sometime. I can't blame him for not having it done yet, he has so much on his plate and is doing a great job juggling everything to try to get it all done as soon as he can. You can kinda see the new carpet that we put in at the top of the stairs.


 This is part of the downstairs, the part that will be our "family room" as soon as the stairs are completed and everything can be moved to its proper location.
 The part of the basement opposite the family room, this is where Tyler's "office" will be.


I love our new house and being a homeowner!! We are so happy that we are where we are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment