I forgot to mention yesterday what one of my professors said to me. We were having a conversation about his class that I am enrolled in and I told him that I'm glad that I am not in the section of his class that meets at 7:40am because it would be hard for me to make it there on time and that the 8:40am meeting time is much better for me. He then asked me, "When you have a job teaching music in the public school system what time will you have to be at school?" I replied with, "Well, since my degree is not in education then I don't have to worry about that!" (Ooops, that backfired on him ;) ) Then he smiled and began to tell me that he saw how well I handled the situations back at the BSU Chamber Music Camp this summer and that he thinks that I would make a fine teacher and that some day in the future I should look back and remember the conversation we had and remember that Mr. Brown said that.
I took that as a huge compliment. When this man says something like that, he means it. He has been around so many Jr. High/High School/College band and orchestra teachers that he would know who could make a good one and who would not. Another reason why this is a huge compliment is because he took the time out of his day to tell me that specific thing. He is a really busy person and to take 5 min and talk to a student about stuff like that is a big deal. Anyway, Mr. Brown is a very nice man and it was very sweet of him to lift me up in the way that he did :) Another thing that he said that was very sweet was that he wanted me to graduate but also doesn't want me to graduate because now that he's gotten to know me a bit he wants to keep me around for a while. :) I love it when professors do things like that, it's very encouraging and reaffirms to me that I didn't choose the wrong career/life path. Totally made my day!
My classes went well today. My Spanish class seems like its going to be really fun, the teacher acts really goofy to help you understand the meaning of the Spanish words and it makes it really fun. She seems like a good teacher.
I already have homework so I better get going and finish that up and get some practicing done :)
Can somebody please say Teacher's Pet?! Just Kidding- Isn't it funny how some people, like Mr. Brown, can see things in us that we don't see for ourselves?? Rylee, you'd be an amazing teacher! You may not see yourself coming a teacher at this point in your life, but who's to say in 20 years, or sooner, that you may become one.
ReplyDelete