Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Frustrations


I applied for graduation!
The past few days have been really hard. It was looking like I might not graduate until December, which really wouldn't have been that huge of a deal but it was really frustrating. I was missing two lesson credits because of the difference in credits between performance majors and education majors and the time that I changed my major. It's complicated but basically I am two credits short but they were (are) just going to waive them. When I went in to see my adviser at midterms last semester she said that she would take care of it but somehow or another it didn't get done. I discovered it last week on like Wednesday and she got the paperwork put through to waive the credits but it's still not showing on my academic advisement report. That's a little nerve racking. Hopefully it will show up soon and that there wont be any other problems.
The other thing that has made life hard for the past two days is my recital. Tyler wont be able to make it with the time that it is currently scheduled at. His Fundamentals of Engineering exam is the same day and it is two four hour tests with an hour break between, takes up nine hours of his day. He wouldn't be done until 5pm that day and my recital will be over by 4:45 at the latest. This has been the source of much grief. My teacher is not being very flexible with me on the matter. She can't do any other Saturdays in April and she won't do any day other than a Saturday. And anything in March would be too early and I don't want to have to wait until May. I just don't know what I'm going to do and nothing seems to be working out. I'm going to try to meet with the head of the department to get permission to have my recital on a Sunday and see if that makes the scheduling a little easier.
Say some prayers for me, this doesn't seem to have any good outcomes . I'm sure whatever works out will be for the best. But for now I'm stressed out, tired and all I feel like doing is crying because my teacher is not taking anything into consideration other than her schedule. This is so frustrating. I don't want to have to put Tyler in the position of having the pressure to pass this nasty test and then have to rush home to get ready for my recital and have family in town that weekend and not be able to spend much time with them because he has to study. I just feel like quitting, this seems so impossible. And my professor is being so inconsiderate and selfish and I'm just trying to make it work for everyone. When I walked into her office and told her that my husband couldn't make it to my recital because of his test she said (in a kindof snooty tone) "Well, my husband can't make it to mine either". What a slap in the face. Talk about no respect for what is important to a person. If I survive this last semester it will be a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment