Well, school started today. It was the first day of my last semester of my bachelors degree. I've had a really hard time wanting to go back. I realized how much I like not being stressed out, just working and keeping up the house. Its hard to want stress, which is basically what school is. But I will be so glad to be done. I didn't have much as far as classes today, all I had was my audition for orchestra (the BSU Symphony Orchestra), which went better than any audition I have ever taken. I was so pleased with how it went that I celebrated by eating a Symphony chocolate bar (hehe, I'm funny! just kidding ;) ).
Here is what my class load looks like for this semester:
Monday: Instrumental Conducting, Spanish 101, Music History III
Tuesday: Orchestra
Wednesday: Instrumental Conducting, Spanish 101, Music History III
Thursday: Spanish, Viola Lesson, Concert Class, Orchestra
Friday: Spanish 101, Music History III, Studio Class
I'm also taking a two credit Senior Recital. My recital has been scheduled for Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 3:30pm! Put it on your calendar and be there! It should be great! It will be in the Recital Hall at the Morrison Center in Boise :)
Shouldn't be too bad, really. I'm sure I'll have a lot of practicing to do for my conducting class and history will be hard for sure. I'll be able to pass all of them, hopefully I can get A's or B's in all of them.
So I got two $20 gift cards to the website Shutterfly (best picture and photo book website ever! sign up for their email list and you'll get lots of freebies ;) I rarely buy anything, just use the
codes for the free stuff and pay for shipping!) I'm going to use my gift cards to print my graduation announcements. My friend Angel, the same one that took our Christmas pictures, was nice enough to consent to go out with me in the freezing cold and take my pictures for the announcements! She's super awesome :) I'll post some good ones later, just as soon as I've edited them and stuff. There are a ton of really great shots, Angel has a natural talent for taking awesome pictures!
We have been needing a new bedspread for a while and I went to Ross yesterday and they were really cheap! We got this awesome bedspread and I love it to death! And it wasn't very
expensive and it is really nice quality :) We are super excited!


Another thing I have been meaning to post about is some goals that I have, NOT New Year's resolutions, I don't subscribe to that. Just goals that happen to coincide with the beginning of a new year.
1. Read my scriptures and say my prayers
2. Attend the temple more regularly
3. Be better at getting my visiting teaching done
4. Work out more regularly
5. Eat more healthily
6. Perform an awesome senior recital, this involves practicing as much as possible
7. Graduate from college
8. Audition for the Boise Philharmonic, even if I don't win a position, I want the experience
9. Be more productive, this involves specifically not wasting time on things that aren't that important, like Facebook.
10. Blog and write in my journal more consistently, for this one I made a very cute purchase ;)
I have a few other goals that I am working on but some of them are too personal to share online, so you'll just have to wonder what they are ;)Cute hubby picture :) I love him! He's sure been sweet lately (well, he's always sweet, he's just been especially sweet the past week or so). He gave me a wonderful priesthood blessing last night since I'm starting school. It was exactly what I needed. It amazes me that the Lord, through my husband, knows exactly what I need. Tyler mentioned things in my blessing that I was worried about but hadn't even tried to talk to him about. Truly inspired! I love Tyler and I'm so grateful for a good man that is worthy to hold and exercise the priesthood and bless our little family.
He's so great!


sounds like a busy few months! You are so talented and I can't wait to come to your recital!
ReplyDeleteThose are some great personal goals Rylee.
ReplyDeleteI love the new bedspread, very modern!
It looks like you've got your plate full with school, I have no doubt that you'll do well in all of your classes though.
Let me know if you need help with Spanish. I still know the basics. lol I agree on goals rather than new years resolutions.
ReplyDelete