Friday, August 28, 2015

Term

We are term! We are 36 weeks and 2 days along and can't wait to meet our little sweetie. All the clothes are washed and ready, her bassinet is clean and in it's place, and the hospital bag is packed, all we need is her now! If she comes in the next week she might not have a name still but other than that we are ready!
A few fun developments as of this last week. I've lost my mucus plug. Yuck. But it's all good cause it's one step closer to meeting our little sweetie! My contractions have begun to hurt, a lot of them really make my cervix area hurt, which from what I understand could be a bit of dilating happening. I was dilated to a 1 at my most recent dr apt, which doesn't mean much since you can be dilated to a one for weeks without anything happening. But we are making progress so that's good!
Thanks to the occasional Tylenol pm and Dr Pepper I am feeling a little more myself this week. I don't normally take anything to help me sleep but things were getting so desperate that I had to do something. Turns out that one good night with Tylenol PM leads to another good night sleep without the help of anything for me. That's super nice. I use the Tylenol very sparingly, like only once or twice a week and only if I am feeling very sleep deprived. And the Dr. Pepper. Normally I'm not a soda drinker and especially not a caffeinated soda drinker (mainly because it's just not healthy) but again I've been feeling a little desperate. I don't drink a lot of it, just about 6 oz a day but it's enough caffeine to give me the boost I need to make it until nap time and not be a mean/grumpy mom.
Now for all the fun stuff:

                                                  What Fruit are you? canary melon
Due date:  23 September 2015
How far along:  36 weeks and 2 days today
Next appointment: Monday
Gender:  Female
Total weight gain/loss: Gain of 25 pounds (as of Monday)
Exercise: nothing formal, trying to take it a little easy because of all the contractions
Stretch marks: None
Swelling: yes, hands and feet mainly, getting a bit worse these past few days, my toes hurt from all the fluid pressure!
Maternity clothes: yes, since about 12 weeks  
Belly button:  out and visible through any and all clothes!
Sleep: can't fall asleep most nights, not sleeping deeply, waking up during the night and not being able to fall back asleep, can't usually get to sleep during Ameilya's nap time either. I'm one tired mama. See above for more details.
Food cravings: fruit, chocolate milk
Symptoms:  Still nauseated, most of the time just in the morning and if my heartburn is really bad, heartburn is so bad that sometimes I throw up a little bit but usually isn't too bad as long as I take a little medicine for it
Movement:  Yes! She makes powerful and visible movements. She has very specific times of sleeping and waking
Labor signs: frequent contractions day and night, not very regular though. mucus plug is gone and contractions are starting to become painful!
What I miss:  Being able to lay on my stomach, being able to reach my toes, being able to drink orange juice without feeling like there's a dragon breathing fire up my esophagus
What I'm loving:  Um, I can't honestly say I love anything about being pregnant, I do really like feeling her move though, as long as she's not kicking my ribs too hard!
What I'm looking forward to:  Meeting our little sweetie for the first time, not being pregnant anymore, drinking/eating whatever I want without fear of heartburn!
Best moment this week: It's been a rough few weeks but I am really looking forward to meeting our baby girl for the first time and holding her outside instead of inside! We are really starting to get excited for her arrival! Just a few more weeks!

Just in case you are wondering, we have "scheduled" her arrival. Not that babies always come when you tell them to but we have just less than three weeks before we will for sure meet her! Of course, she could always come sooner and while we are completely ready for her to come we are not planning on her coming any earlier than her "scheduled arrival" ;) but either way, bring it on! Hopefully we will have settled on a new name for her before she actually decides to come!

Here is a tummy pic and the rest of the onesies that I decorated for her!
(I took a couple tummy pics yesterday when my hair was all cute and makeup done but they magically disappeared from my camera overnight :( so you get me all tired and not as cute hair but hey, I am 36 weeks pregnant. What's the use in pretending I look awesome and all put together all the time? ;)  )








No comments:

Post a Comment