I feel like all I have been is a Debbie Downer lately but this post needs to happen.
So I had a baby shower on Saturday. I was really looking forward to it. My good friend Rachael offered to throw it for me and she did a really great job with everything. The food was really great and the decorations were super cute. Only problem was that none of my friends showed up. The only people that came were my mom and Rachael's mom. It was so sweet of Rachael to have a shower for me but I do have to admit that it really hurt that no one came. We did have a really nice time decorating onesies together. Rachael got some cool fabric markers and paint and we had 14 plain white onesies to decorate. That was definitely the highlight. (I'll have to post pics of those a little later.) I just feel bad that Rachael went to all the effort to mail out invitations, purchase all the decorations, plan for the activities, and make all the food and then have no one show up. I'm really grateful that I have such a great friend in Rachael and that she was willing to go to all the effort to plan a fun time for me.
After my shower I went to a friend's shower for her baby and she had a ton of people there and I couldn't help but just feel a little sad that no one came to mine. It's not about the gifts or anything; I more just want to feel like my friends care enough to take the time to show me that they care and that they are happy for me with having a new baby girl. (Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the gifts and all the thoughtfulness that goes into the giving of said gifts, I just wanted to make a point that it wasn't about the fact that no one gave me any presents and more about the seeming lack of not caring and lack of support.) Another fun highlight was that at my friend's shower I won one of the games, and I never win games. But I sorta feel like I almost cheated. You know the baby shower game where you guess how far around the pregnant momma's tummy is? Well, I just measured my own pregnant tummy and added a couple inches since she is a little ahead of me and I was within a couple millimeters of the actual circumference of her tummy ;) I won a really cute necklace so that was fun. Like I said, I don't usually win those games so it was cool to win one even if I did sorta, almost cheat ;)
Here are some pics from the baby shower and the onesies that we decorated. (The onesies that say "loved" I meant to have everyone sign but then got home and realized that I forgot to have everyone do that!)















Oh Rylee. Don't feel like your friends didn't show up because they didn't want to support you... Remember, it is the end of August & people are busy taking their last minute vacations before the school year starts up again. You & baby girl #2 are very loved!
ReplyDelete