Sunday, September 29, 2013

Quick Update

Baby and I are doing well. I have had a few days of almost labor, where I have pretty consistently had contractions about 4 min apart. But as soon as I go to bed at night they go away.
Baby girl is doing well, she moves all the time. My midwife said that I should be feeling at least 10 movements every 2 hours when she's being really active but it usually only takes about 2 min to get up to those 10 movements, which is good :) She moves a ton! We affectionately call her our little wiggle baby because of how much she moves. She also gets hiccups a couple times a day and those are pretty cute, although I don't think she likes them very much because she usually squirms around like she's trying to get away from them.
I love how much Tyler loves to feel her move. Almost every time I mention that she's moving a lot he'll put his hand on my tummy and talk to her. This only makes her move even more, she wiggles a lot whenever she hears her daddy talk :) Super precious. I can't wait to see those two together, Tyler will be such a sweet father and I have a feeling that our little sweetie is going to be a daddy's girl.
My tummy is measuring at 39.5 weeks and I am 38 weeks and 3 days today. I have gained about 32 pounds. Still retaining a ton of water.
I have had a cold for the past three days, I basically feel like a train hit my face. My head and throat hurt and my nose is pretty congested and there's not really any good options as far as what I can take that will actually be effective to relieve any of my symptoms. Just trying to take vitamin c and drink herbal teas, which always seem to help clear up my sinuses.
I've still been teaching but it's been getting really hard because I'm getting really slow and tired. I only have three days left of teaching before I go on "maternity leave", which may or may not be permanent.
The nursery is almost as ready as it will be for her to come. We have a crib for her, thanks Christina!, and we just need to set it up and put the mattress in it. All her clothes are washed and in the drawers and we have diapers on hand and more on the way as well as a diaper genie and a few other miscellaneous baby things that are the last of what we need for her.
Can't wait to meet our little sweetie!! Hope she comes soon!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment