Saturday, October 5, 2013

No Baby Quite Yet

Two things.

First: Sunday night we had a false alarm. Boo. I was up in the middle of the night with contractions that were less than four minutes apart, consistently. I didn't want to wake Tyler up because I wanted him to get as much sleep as possible if this was the real deal. So I decided to rest as well. And then I woke up a couple hours later with no contractions. Absolutely none. Zip. I was super disappointed. I thought for sure that since I had contractions that were bad enough to wake me up that it was the real thing.

Second: We were pretty close to being induced yesterday. My midwife is worried about preeclampsia still even though my tests came back normal. I still have an extreme amount of swelling that is not relieved by elevation, my blood pressure has been high or on the high end of normal every visit, I've had "sparklies" in my vision, I have had a few bad headaches (which I thought might just be due to sinus pressure since I've had a pretty bad cold this week, I told her that but she was still concerned), and also some pain in my right rib cage (which I thought might just be due to the baby kicking it since that is her favorite spot for her little feet, told her that as well but she's still concerned). All these things can be signs of preeclampsia. My midwifes thought was that I was 39+ weeks pregnant and having all these symptoms that they would probably just want to induce me because if it is preeclampsia then there is risk of having a stillborn baby. Also, baby's heart rate was a little lower than normal (still in the acceptable range) and she hasn't been moving as much lately, but all the kick counts I do are still within the normal range as well. Reienke (my midwife) thought it safe to go in to be mornitored for a little while because of all of these things. So off to the labor and delivery center at the hospital I went. They hooked me to monitors to monitor things like my contractions, baby's heart rate, baby's movements, my heart rate and things like that. They drew a bunch of blood to check things like my platelets, my red blood cell count, and levels of different chemicals (I don't know what else to call them, I would have called them "stuff" ;)  ) in my blood. To make a long story short, I was there for almost two hours hooked up to these machines while they waited for my blood work to come back. Everything came back normal and my blood pressure had stabilized since I had been resting and baby's heart rate and movement was all good so they released me with a few instructions. They said I shouldn't be working anymore (which was fine because my last day was Wednesday and this happened on Friday) and that I should be resting as much as possible. The nurse called it "basically bed rest". So there you have it. No baby yet and I have to take it easy until she comes. Which is great, cause I'm big and super tired ;)
Here's a pic of me on Thursday at exactly 39 weeks. I feel like I look super tired, remember I have had a cold for a week ;)



We are so close!!  Can't wait to meet and snuggle our sweet little girl!!

1 comment:

  1. You look great Rylee, I love your outfit! I'm glad all of the tests came back normal... Only 4 more days until your EDD!!!! YAY! We Can't wait to meet our newest little niece. I'm so happy you weren't induced, I want you to get the natural labor you desire.

    ReplyDelete