Sunday, February 12, 2012

Grateful

This week has been awesome for both Tyler and I. Tyler got a call for a phone interview for a job that looks like would be a pretty good one. The only thing that I don't like about it is that the job would be in Utah. I really don't want to live in Utah. His interview is on Wednesday. At least he's starting to get some calls for things he has applied for.
I had two tests on Monday this week. They both went really well. One was for my Spanish class and the other was for my Music History III class; I was really stressed about the second one. The music history class that I'm taking has the reputation of being one of the hardest classes in the music department. The first test is always the hardest since you don't really know what you're up against. I said a prayer and asked that if I studied hard for the test that I would be blessed to remember the things I had studied and I would be able to get a low A or high B on the test. Then I studied hard, harder than I think I've ever studied for a test in my entire college career. I was able to remember things that I had studied and was able to do well on my test. I would have been happy with an 88% on my test. But the Lord increased my memory and helped me to get a perfect 116/116 on the test. I don't know how or why, I just know that I was given a blessing beyond what I had asked for because I had faith, worked hard to do my part so the Lord could do his, and tried to do the small and simple things that I knew would help bring me closer to the Lord (prayers/scripture reading). It was truly amazing, I know for sure that I couldn't have done it on my own. My other test went well too and I thinking probably got an A but I won't get it back until tomorrow. Also, since the time of the test I have been blessed with an increased memory, I'm remembering assignments and things I normally would have forgotten and I'm sure it's because I am doing all I can to do well and the Lord is helping me where I struggle: in remembering things. It's been amazing, I've literally noticed a difference in the last week.
The other huge blessing that I've received this week is a viola student. I have a student. Crazy. I didn't even put up an ad or anything. Mr Purdy makes a list of BSU students who teach lessons and gives it to the orchestra directors in the valley to give referrals. I have put my name on this list every year and have never gotten a call for a student from it until now. So crazy! I'm being blessed left and right and I didn't even ask for it! It's amazing how the Lord knows the unspoken desires of your heart and blesses you with them when you least expect it :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment