Yes, I totally gave our car a hug. I was just that happy!
Saturday, August 19, 2017
Car!
After three long months our SUV is finally here. I can't even tell you the relief I have now to have our own vehicle and not have to worry about the "rental car payment" anymore. Symbolically, this represents what has felt like a long and difficult transition to Bahrain. With almost no help that was supposed to be here when we came, we have struggled and figured things out on our own, laughed and cried over the difficulty, and figured out how to successfully solve our problems in a foreign country. It has been hard, and many times I wanted to give up. We have been blessed with good friends that have helped ease the difficulty of the transition. And now I feel like we can do this, and I'm sure that, even though all the hard, we can learn to enjoy living in a foreign country. There are, after all, a lot of perks. But that's another post entirely. Anyway, I'm so, so excited to have our car again. Something about it just feels like a piece of home and reminds me of how temporary our situation in Bahrain really is. And that someday we will be able to return to the United States, that we have learned to love and appreciate even more despite all it's flaws.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment