Friday, June 2, 2017

We had church this morning and I was given a calling. I was asked to be the 2nd counselor in the Young Women's presidency. In a normal Ward this would be a big job but here it's even bigger for a few reasons. There are no advisors, just the president and the two counselors. The Young women's president is leaving this Thursday night and is going back to the States to visit family and will be gone for two and a half months. The other counselor just got a job where she is only home on the weekends and maybe not even that since she wasn't at church today. So that makes me in charge of lessons during the block on Fridays and mutual all by myself. Apparently there are new guidelines out that say that mutual doesn't necessarily have to be every week so we will probably just do mutual every other week for the summer, especially since I may or may not have our kids with me at mutual. And for lessons, I'll probably just also teach twice a month and then combine with relief society once a month and have one​ of the girls teach (which I guess they have been doing in this branch) once a month as well. I won't have to worry about girls camp because it's not until November around here, the weather being too hot up until that point to do anything like that. So we'll see how things go :)
Tyler's job is going well. He's in the emergency management office and apparently is basically on call if any uprisings are around military installations so he could be activated at any time for an "all hands on deck" type of situation. He's getting to know the people he will be working with and learning the ropes around here. 
We had our lease pre draft for the flat we want to rent. The next step is the inspection that the Navy does to make sure the flat meets all the safely regulations for the service members. The inspection is in Monday. There will most likely be a couple things that will need to be fixed and then most likely re inspected. I'm just hoping that we will be able to move in this next week, I'm beyond ready to unpack and have a real home for a while :) 
Ameilya is doing well, she's really excited to turn four. At any mention of the number four she exclaims "That's how old I'll be!" And is already inviting friends from church to her birthday. Too cute! She's getting so big and learning so much. We have been using the elevator to teach her numbers. She can almost always recognize the numbers one through four and sometimes five ;) I'm wanting to find a preschool to get her into over here, I think she would love the interaction with other little kids her age and she's really wanting to make friends. She's always asking me where her friends are and we haven't met a lot of people yet so we haven't really found her any friends yet. Hopefully soon :)
Madi is getting so big and learning so much, she understands almost everything you say and is taking in full sentences about 50% of the time. She loves to sing and loves playing in the pool. She is just as happy as every and had been such a trooper through all the house hunting trips and hot days. 
Last thing of note, my littlest sister is getting married tomorrow!!! I can't believe it!!! I'm so excited for her and so bummed to be missing sick a special event. We are over here praying that she had a special day and sending our love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment