We have one week left in the US. I can't believe that it's already time to move to Bahrain. I feel like we have been in a constant state of moving for the past year or so. Ever since we packed that first box to get our house in Nampa ready to sell we have been either partially or completely in boxes or otherwise packed. I'm ready to be done moving for a while. I know two years isn't all that long but it's quite a bit longer than three or six months; we only lived in the apartment in Boise for six months and we will only have been in Port Hueneme for three and a half by the time we leave. I'm ready to settle in, have a place I can call mine for a while, make some friends I won't have to say goodbye to a month after I meet them, have my kids find some good friends to play with, get involved in our church community and all the events on base, and finally just relax. I need to relax. This move has had me so stressed for the past month at least, maybe longer. I feel like every waking moment has been spent obsessing about moving to Bahrain and packing for Bahrain and all the good and unpleasant things that are sure to go along with living there. I have such mixed emotions about all of this: excitement, dread, happiness, anxiety. There are so many things that we don't know and can't know until we get there and that stresses me out. I just want to have all my questions answered and get used to the new normal living in a middle eastern country. And this week has just been one thing after another: Madi's bed breaking, Mom and kids sick, a recall issue with our car in addition to everything we already have on our plate with moving to a foreign country. But despite all this I am finally starting to feel at peace. We are prepared to make this move, emotionally and otherwise. We have moments where we have a hard time but overall we are at peace with the situation. I'm excited for this new challenge and am so happy that our little family will be able to be together through all of this. We are on the downhill of this year of moving, the road is longer yet but someday soon we will have a home where our little family can flourish and for that I am most grateful.
Our busy week:
Monday: pack and prepare
Tuesday: get car fixed, more packing
Wednesday: pack some more
Thursday: pick up rental car, dinner with wives of the other Civil Engineer Corps officers, load rental car
Friday: Civil Engineer Corps Officer School Graduation, goodbyes, check out of or hotel, drop our car off to be shipped to Bahrain, check into hotel in Los Angeles
Saturday: spend morning/afternoon doing fun things in LA as a family, Rylee and girls fly to Boise
Sunday: Mother's Day- call your mom!!
Monday: fly to Virginia where we will meet up with Tyler to catch our flight to Bahrain. We will make it to Bahrain on "Thursday" but because of the time difference it will still be Wednesday for you all in the States ;)
I can't believe this is already happening!
No comments:
Post a Comment