Saturday, September 17, 2016

We Survived Week One!

One week down, eleven more to go!
We'll, we made it. It wasn't pretty but we are all in one piece after not talking to or having Tyler around. It was a rough week. Ameilya really misses Tyler and was acting out and throwing tantrums a lot more than usual because of it. I don't know that Madi understand at all what's going on but it's affecting her too; she's a lot more clingy and doesn't want to be put down.
I've heard the first is the hardest so I'm hoping that's true and that the kids will adjust a little more to having him gone. It's really hard to be patient with kids that are screaming a good part of the day so that's something I'm definitely going to have to work on this next week. If you have any awesome ideas I'm all ears, just leave a comment! I'm trying to take care of myself so that I'm not trying to give to my kids from an empty well but it is still difficult to always be patient and kind.
We haven't heard from Tyler yet, we can only communicate via snail mail so I will post an update when I have received a letter from him. We sent him a letter this week, Ameilya kept asking if Daddy was sad to be gone and if he needed a hug. We determined that he most likely did need a hug so we drew him a hug and mailed it to him :)
I think that was a fun activity for her so I'll have to find some more things that she could do and send to Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment