Friday, September 30, 2016

Bad News

We got a phone call from Tyler tonight. He is going to be held back in his training for three weeks because he missed something on an inspection. My phone was off at the time (we had no clue that he would be calling or I would have done some things differently!) so I only know what he said on the voicemail. He said he's doing well and that training is hard but that he will get through it. Looks like he will now be home a few days after Christmas. So instead of being gone for a total of twelve weeks it is now going to be a total of fifteen weeks.
We are so bummed! But it will all turn out alright. The Lord has a plan for us, even if we don't know why these things happen, and I have faith that there is a good reason for this and that everything will work out the way He intends it to. It will mean a little more time without Daddy, which is definitely hard. But we are strong and will be strengthened by doing hard things.

We love you Tyler! Don't give up!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that! When you're already planning on him being gone for 12 weeks, another 3 would be so disappointing. Please let me know if I can help with anything. My life feels a little crazy right now with the new baby, but I would still love to help in any way I can! Hang in there! We have been keeping you and your family in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete