Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Mini 38 Weeks Update

Wont do a big update today since I just did that a couple days ago but just thought I would write a quick post about what happened at my dr appointment yesterday. (Well, I tried to make the post short but I guess I had a lot to say so it's kinda on the long side of things!)
I went in for my appt around 9am and had to wait quite a while before seeing the dr, which was a bit stressful since I had Ameilya with me and she is a typical two year old and likes to run around and get into everything ;) So we finally made it back to the room where you visit with the dr and things were crazy that day, my dr had two patients in labor and it took her a long time to get back to talk to me. The medical assistant took my blood pressure and weight and everything and didn't say much about it and my dr didn't mention anything when we talked briefly. I left and went out to the car where I called Tyler and talked with him about my frustrations of having to wait 25 min or more in the waiting room at the drs office for the past three visits in a row and decided to go in and have a chat with the practice manager for the office. While I was talking to a receptionist about what was going on there a nurse came and got me and told me that they wanted to retake my blood pressure because it had been high so I went back to a room with her where she retook my blood pressure several times with the same result. Since my dr was in a delivery and couldn't be reached one of her colleagues had the nurse tell me that I needed to go over to labor and delivery to be monitored for a while and have some lab work done to see if anything was wrong. So I took Ameilya to my grandparents house and headed over there where my dr (who had just finished with the delivery) met me and chatted with me for a few minutes about what may be causing the high blood pressure and  talked to me about the possibility of an early birthday for our sweet miss if something came back amiss.
I was evaluated for a couple hours and had lab work done. My blood pressure went back down to the normal range and all my lab work came back normal so aparently nothing was wrong, I'm sure I was just stressed. (Chasing a toddler around a dr office and trying to keep her from breaking anything for a half an hour on only 5 hours of sleep when you have a pounding headache from the sinus infection that won't quit is enough to raise anyone's blood pressure! I really wanted to be snarky and tell them that letting me go home and take a nap would have done more good than being on those monitors ever would! But I refrained, I know they are just trying to be careful and I'm grateful for that.) I was finally discharged around 1:45 that afternoon. That made for a really crazy Tuesday which was already crazy since it was my last Tuesday of teaching lessons for a couple months!
Everything looks good with baby girl, she's moving lots and her heartbeat was right where it should be the whole time we were being monitored yesterday. So now we just have a little over a week left for her to hang out in there and then we get to meet her!! (Of course, she could come early and we wouldn't complain, but I'm definitely not planning on it. We are ready for her though! I'm even almost done with my freezer meal preparations which is one of the last things that I wanted to get done before she comes.) We are so excited to have this sweet little bundle join our family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment