Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day

This Memorial Day was a bit of an emotional one for me. Probably mostly because I'm pregnant but I think also because of Tyler joining the Navy and that looming here in the next year. I just felt a little more emotion because of the sacrifices that have been made by so many individuals and families to keep our dear country safe and to preserve our rights and freedoms.

God bless those who died in the line of duty, those who served honorably, and those who continue to serve.  We are forever indebted to them for the wonderful freedoms that enable us to enjoy our lives more fully.

For our Memorial Day we went to Burley to spend time with Tyler's aging grandma who is in a care facility there and also spent a little time with Tyler's uncle Randy and his kids. We had a really great time and were safe in our travels. (I forgot to take many pictures but I did take one of Tyler and Ameilya and Grandma Noble that I will post at the end)

We had the opportunity to be one of the first on the scene of a bad car wreck on the interstate yesterday. We saw what we thought was smoke but just turned out to be a cloud of dust from a car that went off the interstate and into a field. The car was very mangled and rolled several times. There was only one person in the car and he was miraculously able to walk away from the accident with what appeared to be a broken arm and cuts and scrapes on his hands. He is lucky to be alive. We tried to help how we could, no one besides us had a first aid kit and we were glad that we were prepared with first aid supplies that we could leave with the other people who were helping the injured man. We left the scene of the accident right as the police were showing up as there were several people that arrived to help before we did but we are glad that we stopped so that we could share our supplies with someone that needed them. We pray that the man in the car won't have any long term damage from the accident and will make a full recovery. It was a little scary for us to show up on the scene of a wreck and helped us to more fully realize that it is so important to be careful when driving and that our mortality might be taken from us at any time. We were blessed with safety in our travels and we hope you and your families were too. I just hope that we can all remember to be cautious in our driving and not take unnecessary risks while at the wheel.

This is the one picture that I remembered to take, Grandma Noble wanted to read a book to Ameilya. It was really sweet to be able to spend time with these three special people on Memorial Day. I love my family so much.



I won't say that I hope you had a "happy" memorial day, because I feel that somehow doesn't give proper merit to the purpose of the day. But I do hope you enjoyed your remembrance of those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom and that you were safe in your travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment