Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Thoughts

Ameilya is so happy. I just love it. She approaches life with such enthusiasm. And why not? She has nothing to be sad, upset, or feel bad about. Really when you think about it, we all have it pretty good and could find lots of reasons not to be sad, upset, or feel bad. Already my little girl is teaching me to look for the blessings and focus on the positive. What a sweet, loving daughter of an Almighty God she is. And what a blessing it is for me to have the privilege to be her mother. I love her more than words could ever express.
The past few months have been hard for me. Becoming a mother is hard, but it makes it even harder when your body does not heal from the act of delivering a baby. It has been 5 months and I still feel pain from delivering Ameilya. At first people ask how you are doing, how you are recovering after childbirth. After a couple months no one asks anymore. It is assumed that everyone feels better after about the 2 month mark. This is not always the case.
I had an appointment with a surgeon today (because I have tried everything else, even physical therapy, to no avail). My midwife referred me to a surgeon after she felt she had done all that she could for me and after the physical therapy had been unsuccessful. The surgeon had an emergency and wasn't able to see me at all. I was really upset, because I have been, after all, in pain for the last 5 months. All I want is to feel better. To not have to take pain medication to get through my day.
I was hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel, some relief for the pain. But that time is not yet. Hopefully soon I will feel better. But for today I am just going to pray and weather the storm until it passes. And enjoy the beautiful daughter that the Lord has blessed Tyler and me with. And try to see the positive even when the pain comes, and come it shall.
I'm grateful for a loving husband who cares for me, uplifts, and supports me through my trials. I'm grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the comfort that it can bring when we fall upon hard times. Into each life some rain must fall, but the storms are more bearable through the comfort that is afforded by the gospel of Jesus Christ.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're hurting! It sucks when your body betrays you, especially after carrying a baby for, let's be real, ten months! I had sharp uterine pain for months after Grant was born. Turned out scar tissue from my cesarean incision had adhered to my utereus. Once it was removed I felt great.I hope the doctors figure it out soon! :(

    ReplyDelete