Saturday, March 22, 2014

Recovery

Went into the doctor and we figured out the reason that I am having the pain that I have been. I have a nerve entrapped in some scar tissue that is overactive and causing the pain. We are doing a series of injections to the area in hopes that the injection will calm the nerve down. I had an injection last week, it was just an anesthetic to see if it gave me relief for a few hours. And if it did then I would be a good candidate for the injections. It helped for a few hours so we decided to go ahead and do the injections. The only downside of the treatment is that the injections hurt really bad while they're happening and then it aggravates the area (temporarily) enough that it hurts to sit or stand for the next couple days. I had my first real injection yesterday and it didn't hurt nearly as bad as the first experimental injection but it still hurts to stand and sit. My doctor gave me some stronger pain medication so that it would be more bearable and I have had to take some of that but I feel like I'm doing a little better than last time. It is a series of three injections. My next one is in two weeks.
So that's where we are at. I'm feeling like there is hope for being out of pain. Finally. A light at the end of the tunnel, even if the tunnel is still long at least there's a light :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment