Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Mommy Update

I haven't posted anything about myself in a while so I thought I would let you all know how I am doing. I'll keep it short ;)
I'm still sore. Wondering if that will ever go away. I'm also sore from breastfeeding Ameilya, we are seeing a lactation consultant tomorrow to see if there's anything we can do to make that better. I don't want to whine but I'm really tired of being in pain all the time and sometimes I just cry about it cause I don't know what to do to make any of it better. Prayers for recovery welcome and appreciated. I hear it gets easier, and I'm really hoping everyone that tells me this is correct.
At 2 weeks postpartum I weighed 119 pounds, which is just seven pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight of 112. I haven't weighed myself since then, I don't have a scale (and don't really want one either) so I haven't checked. I have a six week postpartum check up next week and we'll see what my weight is then. My uterus is still larger than normal, making it look like I have a little more than seven pounds to lose ;) And my abdominal muscles are still stretched out, which I understand doesn't go away until you start doing ab strengthening exercises. But, I really can't complain about how I look, I think I've slimmed down nicely. There are a lot of women that don't lose all their baby weight ever, so every time I feel myself being critical of the little pooch that I still have I have to stop and count my blessings and be grateful for how good I do look. I fit into pre-pregnancy jeans at 2 weeks postpartum and things just keep getting better. I just have to be careful about what I eat, with all the holidays around I just want to eat sweets! My wedding ring still doesn't fit, my fingers are still a little swollen. My shoes all fit though!!! So happy that my feet aren't so swollen anymore!
All in all, I really love life. I couldn't be happier. I love Ameilya more that I ever thought I was capable of loving anyone, and that in turn has made me have more love for my husband as well. Ameilya is such a sweet daughter of God and we are so blessed that He sent her to be with us at this time. Even though there's hard things about becoming a parent it is all so worth it in the end. I can see why family is one of the most important things to the Lord because of how it increases our capacity to love our fellow men and brings us more joy in our own lives (along with the family being eternal, of course). I thank God for the all the blessings He has given Tyler and I, one of the greatest blessings being our sweet Ameilya.

1 comment:

  1. Those first few weeks are so hard - lack of sleep + healing from having a baby = no fun sometimes. But, what you've heard is correct - as hard as it is to believe, it really gets better... MUCH better. You'll be surprised by how quickly it gets better. Thankfully, I never had any pain nursing, but my sister-in-law had it pretty bad. That part gets better too. Just hang in there! So fun that you can fit into your pre-pregnancy pants - it was the 2 week mark that I could too! Honestly, though, if your worried about a little "pooch" in your belly, don't be! You just had a baby, woman! Flaunt that little baby pooch (which I'm sure you don't have much of at all!) for all it's worth! Hang in there - being a mom is such a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete