Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ameilya is six weeks old today!!!

Our sweet little Ameilya is six weeks old today! Can't believe that it has gone by so fast already!!! We love her so much, she is such a sweet and happy baby girl!

These were taken on Friday in celebration of the Boise State vs Wyoming game on Saturday. 


These are of Ameilya at exactly six weeks old, taken today



What a happy, delightful baby she is! Couldn't ask for a better baby, she is perfect! She eats well and sleeps well and is growing lots! She is almost out of her newborn size clothes already!!


Mommy update: I had my six week postpartum checkup today and I weigh 115lb which is just three pounds over my prepregnancy weight of 112. My midwife gave me the go ahead to start exercising and resume any normal life activities!! Yay!!
Things are starting to get back to normal around here. I'm starting to actually plan meals in advance, instead of just wondering what to make come 5pm every evening. Still struggling with getting all the laundry done. I can seem to get it clean, just not folded or put away. Its hard to hold a baby and fold clothes at the same time ;) I've been having trouble sleeping, not because of Ameilya waking up, she still sleeps through the night and only gets up once or twice to eat and then goes right back to bed. I just can't get back to sleep, I'm either too cold or hot or too awake. Just can't seem to get right back to sleep after feeding her. I'm sure it will get better though.
We went on a trip this last weekend, more on that later :)

2 comments:

  1. It feels so great to be able to get back to normal activities after 6 weeks! (Well, really after 9 months!!!) I'm happy for you! Be careful if you decide to start exercising though if you are breastfeeding - I lost my milk because I exercised to hard (and I know a lot of women who had the same thing happen). Honestly, it wasn't worth it to lose my milk just so I could get rid of the saggy belly! Haha! It doesn't happen to all women, but it's definitely something to keep in mind. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Motherhood, life is definitely one big balancing act, & you seem to be adjusting to it nicely. We are so excited to meet our newest little niece next week!!! As for the post above, I wouldn't be worried about losing your breast milk supply unless you aren't taking in the necessary calories. Remember you need to be taking in an extra 300 calories, a day, to keep up with Ameilya, & then if you're exercising add in those calories that you burn, & you should be good to go. Many Mom's get so consumed about losing the baby weight, right after, that they forget why they gained the weight in the first place. Your body needs a little body fat in order to produce breast milk. You're doing great Rylee, see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete