Thursday, December 29, 2011

Three of six: Trans-Siberian Orchestra

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra played a concert in Boise this year and one of my friends is the subcontractor who hires the local musicians for their shows in the Boise area and I was lucky enough to be one of the violists that she picked. I have been a fan of theirs for a while and I was so excited to be able to play with them. Not only did I get to play, I was paid and fed lunch and dinner. Between you and me, I would have done it for free. But shhhhh, don't tell them that ;)
Here are some pics from the day of the show:
Backstage pass:


Dinner pass:


Lunch pass:


Before the 4pm show while they were setting up and testing all the lights and pyrotechnics.


Door to our rehearsal room:





Door to the break room:


Inside our rehearsal room:


TSO Violas, Emily being silly :)





Front page of our book of music for the shows:





All in all, it was such a fun experience. By far the best gig I have ever played and my favorite too! I hope I get asked to play again next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment