Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hymns of Thanksgiving

I've been a slacker with my blog, once again. This semester has been busy with trying to do well in my classes and job managing apartments and working backstage for the Morrison Center and keeping up my duties as a wife and head house cleaner (lol) and my church callings.
I'm going to write a series of four short posts on things that have happened that I haven't posted on so that everyone will know what we have been doing for the last month.
The first of the four is about Hymns of Thanksgiving. Hymns of thanksgiving, affectionately known as HOTG, is a production that is put on every year by a non profit organization called Celebrations in Music that it owned by a man named Steven Ricks. It's been a really big thing in the Treasure Valley for the past nine years and I have played in the orchestra for the last six years. They always have at least 150 in the choir and probably around 50 in the orchestra. The theme js obviously being thankful and that is what the words in the music are themed around. It is a fairly religious presentation with numerous references to God and how He has blessed us, even by the Governor and the First Lady themselves! I love that idaho isnt so liberal as separate church and state to the point that there can be no mention of Gods blessings and His love for all of us.
There are a lot of big wigs from the community that are there. The governor of Idaho is usually there and there is a recorded narration by the gov and his wife that goes along with the music. This year was fun, Tyler sang in the choir and he had a really good experience.
Here are some pics of us after the event still all dressed up:



Tyler on his new suit:


Here he is again, goofing off pretending to be a conductor ;)


Man, I love my husband!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment