Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Events of Today

So, today has been a rather exciting day. First of all, *we* had an interview today. We interviewed to be the managers of an apartment complex in Boise. A friend from church told us about it and we decided we would apply. Our interview was this morning and they seemed to really like us. In payment for managing the complex we would get free rent and most utilities paid. We would only have to pay the electric. And something else that I really liked is that we wouldn't have to change wards. We love our ward and really don't want to change to a different one. We'll see what happens with that. The lady who interviewed us ended up being a friend of my step-mom, Linnie. They knew each other before Dad and Linnie were married. Crazy!
Second, we finally heard about the job Tyler applied for with the Navy. He didn't get the position. Kind of a bittersweet thing. We really wanted it but it would have been hard to do while I am still in school. We are going to try for it again in a few months. Tyler will probably apply for a similar position with the Air Force as well. He really would be perfect for this type of position, they just don't know it. He works SO hard. Just when I think I've seen him work his hardest he works harder and surprises me. And he has a lot of leadership skills and construction management experience that would enable him to lead a battalion of men easily. But, they don't live with him so all they see is what's on paper. He's wonderful though. I love him a lot.
Something will work out for us. Even if we feel daunted by all the things that haven't happened, there is s plan. God has something up His sleeve for us that will be better. There is a plan, no matter how much it seems like everything is going wrong.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get the job! We'd love to have you stay in the ward for a while.

    ReplyDelete