What Fruit are you? a squash, which is also not a fruit lol
Due date: 23 September 2015
How far along: 32 weeks 2 days
Next appointment: August 12 but I did just have one yesterday
Gender: Female
Total weight gain/loss: Gain of 22 pounds
Exercise: does chasing around a toddler count? lol! ;)
Stretch marks: None
Swelling: yes, hands and feet mainly, not too bad yet though
Maternity clothes: yes, since about 12 weeks
Belly button: out and visible through any and all clothes!
Sleep: can't fall asleep most nights, not sleeping deeply, waking up during the night and not being able to fall back asleep, can't usually get to sleep during Ameilya's nap time either. I'm one tired mama. Melatonin and lavender oil have helped a little with the falling asleep part but still having trouble with the rest
Food cravings: fruit- especially berries, chocolate milk
Symptoms: Still nauseated. Nausea has gotten worse over the last couple weeks. Dizzy. Also, lots of ligament stretching pain, yuck
Movement: Yes! She makes powerful and visible movements
Labor signs: Almost went to the hospital Monday night because of the closeness of my contractions and the fact that they were painful. More on that below.
What I miss: Being able to lay on my stomach, being able to reach my toes
What I'm loving: Um, I can't honestly say I love anything about being pregnant, I do really like feeling her move though, as long as she's not kicking my ribs too hard!
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting our little sweetie for the first time, not being pregnant anymore
Best moment this week: It's been a rough week... I did get a good, full night sleep one night though so that is definitely a plus
So, more on the contractions: Monday night I was contracting about every 4.5 min for 4-5 hours. I was already well hydrated and hadn't really done anything strenuous that day. In fact, it was a pretty lazy day. I'm not sure why I had so many contractions and neither is my doctor. We checked out the reasons why this could be happening yesterday at my appointment. All the usual things that would cause this aren't problems. I don't have a UTI or a vaginal infection and those a lot of times will cause lots of contractions. But the good news is that my cervix is still closed and firm, which hopefully means that baby girl will not be coming anytime too soon. Which is great because I am obviously only 32+ weeks and she would spend a lot of time in the NICU if she were to decide to come now. My doctor asked me yesterday what finally made my contractions stop and I didn't really feel like I could tell her the reason that I'm sure they stopped: Tyler gave me a preisthood blessing and was inspired to say that my body would be able to calm the contractions and that the baby would not come right now. I'm confident this is why the contractions stopped and I'm grateful that I have the priesthood in my life and in my home and that my husband is worthy and willing to use it whenever called upon.
Enough with all this heavy stuff! Here are a couple tummy pics ;)
This was taken at our family reunion this weekend, I was 31 weeks and 2 days pregnant

No comments:
Post a Comment