Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Car Wreck

Just thought I would write a quick post about the car accident I was in yesterday.
Yesterday morning I was rear ended on my way home from an early morning violin lesson. I was at a complete stop waiting for oncoming traffic while trying to turn left into our driveway when a guy going about 40 or 45 mph hit me hard enough to knock off my glasses. (The speed limit on the road we live on is 50 mph). We pulled into our driveway and surveyed the damage and exchanged information. I initially felt fine but got sorer and sorer as the day progressed. Within 15 min of the accident I was having lower abdominal cramping and was worried about the baby so I called my OB's office and got the nurse and told her what happened. I went in to the dr office and met with the nurse where she checked all my vitals and the heartbeat of the baby. Baby seems to be fine as far as we can tell, there isn't much they could do if baby wasn't fine so now its just a waiting game to see if anything bad starts happening. We are praying that nothing does. Towards the end of the day the left side of my body was aching so badly that I went in to the urgent care where they told me that I sprained my shoulder, possibly my wrist, and had some whiplash but that I didn't break anything and that everything should go back to normal in a few days. I am to check in with my family dr in a week if I'm still having any pain so that I can be evaluated for the possibility of needing some physical therapy. All in all, I'm grateful that it wasn't worse and that the man had insurance and that I was the only one in the car. The car will likely need a new bumper as it is pretty cracked, but it is still driveable which is a blessing as we probably won't get it in to a repair shop for a couple of days. I am pretty sore today, mainly my left arm and my left knee (probably from having the clutch depressed)  and I still have a little abdominal cramping but I really feel pretty good, considering what happened. We were blessed that everything happened the way that it did and that the baby is doing alright thus far.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you're okay! That could have been very bad with the other driver going so fast. I'll keep you in my prayers that your pain will go away and little baby will continue to be healthy and well! So grateful that it wasn't worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary! Glad that it wasn't worse. Praying for you guys! Your little girl is a doll!

    ReplyDelete