Monday, April 21, 2014

Surgery

So I was referred to another doctor for a second opinion for the pain that I have been having. We decided the best course of action to help with the pain is a scar revision surgery. Its just an outpatient surgery so I will get to go home the same day, which I am glad about. I'll not feel good at all for a week or so but hopefully after that I will be able to do all the normal things I used to be able to do before having a baby. I will go in for surgery at the beginning of May.
I feel really good about this treatment option. I didn't want to have to have surgery but I kinda felt all along that this is what would end up being what would fix my problem. I wanted to make sure that I exhausted all other options before resorting to this, and I can confidently say that I gave everything else a valiant effort and it was all to no avail. I sure hope that this surgery will help me to recover in the way that I need to so that I can finally feel normal again.
I am so grateful for loving and supportive family and friends, especially Tyler and how sweet, sympathetic, and helpful he has been during this difficult time for us. I love Ameilya and would do it all over again just to have her be a part of our little family. She is such a joy to us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you won't be in pain anymore, 6 months of having pain doesn't sound like fun at all.

    ReplyDelete