I have been busy as well. I had to play in the pit orchestra for the opera "Iolanthe" that the music department produced this year. It was a fun experience but it sure was time consuming. The week of the opera we had rehearsals every night that lasted anywhere from two hours to three and a half hours. And of course this was on top of regular orchestra, classes, homework, work, and practicing that I already had to do. As if I didn't have enough to do already! I was really on top of school and work until the opera. I went from getting my homework, practicing, and work done to hardly getting any homework done, only practicing for about an hour a day, and slacking on my work duties a bit. Now that the opera is over and I have had a chance to rest and recharge I am much more on top of things. I'm getting the practicing in that I need to, my homework is done, and way before it has to be, and my work is getting done and I almost have extra time to do things that I want to do! It's a great feeling :) I'm a fan. I have been basically practicing as much as I can. My pre-recital jury is tomorrow! Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Scary! A month before a music major is allowed to perform a senior/junior recital they have to play for a panel of faculty members who tell the person if they have prepared well enough to be permitted to play their recital. My recital is a little more than a month away (14th of April at 7:30pm) and my jury is tomorrow (the 12th of March). It's a little nerve racking but I have been feeling pretty good about the work that I have been doing on the pieces that I am playing and I think that as long as I keep practicing hard that I will be able to pass my jury tomorrow. Say a little prayer for me, I could use it :)
After I am done with my jury I will be sending out invitations for my recital. I have a list of family and friends that I am sending/giving one to, but if you think you might not be on the list and would like to get an invitation then feel free to email me at ryleeannnoble@gmail.com with your address and I will be sure to send one to you :)
Sorry for the long time between this post and my last one. I will try to be better about keeping you all updated on us. Frankly, there just isn't a whole ton going on right now in our lives but that's no excuse to not post! I will find little things to post about here and there :)
Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment