Sunday, May 4, 2014

Surgery

Well, I had surgery Friday. Everything about the surgery went as well as could be expected, my doctor things that what they did will fix the problem I have been having. The only thing that didn't go as well as I was hoping was how I felt after the surgery. I wasn't in too much pain, hardly any really. But I was super itchy from the narcotics and the monitor thingys that they stick to your chest. I have three welt looking things where they put those. And then I thew up from the anesthesia wearing off. That. Was.Great... Not. But I felt better after I threw up so that's good. Got to go home the same day, that was so nice to not have to stay overnight or eat hospital food. Yuck.
We had a couple people bring us dinners and have some help with cleaning arranged for next week. We are so grateful for all our family and friends who have helped, offered to help, or just offered kind words of support. I feel truly grateful for all that we are blessed with.
I'm feeling pretty good. Just trying to take it easy so that I heal properly and don't have to go through this again. Any prayers for a speedy recovery would be much appreciated :)

1 comment: