Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Updates :)

A few updates for you all :)
We have been keeping pretty busy. Tyler is working and he usually works between 45 and 50 hours a week, keeps him really busy. He likes the work he does though so it's not too bad. I have been working too. I'm still teaching orchestra at two elementary schools in Kuna. I've really liked doing that. Things have been really busy with my teaching because I put on a recital so that my kids would have a chance to perform what they have worked so hard to learn. We had a recital for my private lesson kids last Thursday and then yesterday (Monday) I had a recital for my elementary school kids. All of my kids at both recitals did very well, I'm proud of all the hard work they put forth to accomplish what they did. I have a great group of kids in the elementary school and in my private lesson studio.
Here are a few pictures from what has been going on in our lives recently :)
These are from the recital I had at the school last night for my grade school kids. They all looked so good and played very well! So proud of all their hard work!









George, our barking squirrel friend, was really hot one day (it was 90 degrees in Boise in the middle of May!) and he was being so funny laying on the roots of his favorite tree :)

We made first aid/emergency kits for FHE a couple weeks ago. We made one for Tyler's work truck, Tyler's car, my car and our house so that if we needed emergency supplies we would never be without.  They have things in them like: a poncho, rubbing alcohol and cotton balls, bottles of water, emergency whistle, toilet paper, tissues, glow sticks, hard candies, medical tape, gauze, and more.


We have had really warm weather, had a few stretches of 90 degree days. During some of those days we went on a walk in the park close to our house and found some baby ducks :)



Here's a picture of my pregnant self, this picture was taken at 19 weeks and 3 days.

We found out last Tuesday that our baby is a little girl :) We are so very excited to have a little girl come to our family! Things are going well with this baby, I'm growing (obviously!) and I've gained about 10 lbs so far. We had our big ultrasound where they do all the measurements this past week and they found something on baby girl that might be a problem, but my doctor said that most of the time when they find this particular thing it ends up to be nothing. They are referring me to a high-risk obstetrician to take a closer look at things just in case. We just keep praying that baby girl is healthy and strong and that everything is developing the way that it should. Even if something is wrong, I'm comforted that we live in an age of great medical technology that would make it so that anything that's wrong could be taken care of a lot more effectively.
Here is a picture of our sweet baby girl from that ultrasound last Tuesday :)



And last but not least, we are moving! That's right! On May 29th we close on our first home! We are super excited to be home owners and have more space that we can do what we want with :) Our house is in Nampa, ID. It has three bedrooms and 1.75 baths, is almost 2200 square feet and sits on nearly 2 acres of land. We are really excited to move there! I love the house and the location is great for everything that we need. And we'll now have enough space for baby girl :) We are in a 2 br apartment right now but since Tyler works from home, one of our bedrooms there gets taken up as office space for him and the other bedroom is ours. Baby girl wouldn't have had a bedroom! In this house there is a perfect office space for Tyler's work so that one of the bedrooms wouldn't get taken up as an office, so we'll still have use of all three bedrooms and will also be able to have a good work space for Tyler.
Here's a pic of the outside of our new house!


No comments:

Post a Comment